Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dog Training

Daisy has started dog training. She did very well last night. Although I was suppose to get her to sit when we stop walking and she would just look at me. So we have to work on that. Our friend that is going to Cancun with us brought her pit bull Chance too. So Daisy and Chance tried playing when we would get them close to each other. They suggest that it's a good distraction and I thought it was a nuisance. The dogs had one thing on there mind and the owners had something else on their's. We will work together in the end though. I'm sure of it.

Mollie has started showing Daisy some dominance. I'm starting to wonder if another female in the mix was the right thing to do. Although Daisy was rescued and I couldn't really decide if she was going to be male or female. So now Johnny and I are faced with letting Mollie know we are leader and she is not.

It started a few weeks ago with little food aggression here and there. It got really bad when I decided to but yogurt in there food to try to get the farts less stinky. At that point I thought about getting their own food bowls. It might be the right choice to make now. Yesterday I got home and let the girls out of their kennels, Mollie came over to love on me. after about a minute Daisy came over to get some love and Mollie attacked her. I tried grabbing Daisy from Mollie but Mollie continued to attack. Then I grab Mollie to stop but Daisy kept attacking. I got Mollie into her kennel and Daisy ran into hers. I kept them there for about 20 minutes. I didn't really know it would be this bad.

Needless to say, We have some work to do about who is boss. Mollie is certainly not and now I have to work with her to get her to understand that.

On to a lighter and happier note: I go in tomorrow and fill out my paper work to start working for Early Interventions. She even suggested that I may be in a classroom tomorrow too. I'm so excited and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: