Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why the Ice?

I am the first on to admit I'm still a California driver. And as a California driver I hate ice. I might go to work today (I'm going to try to get out of it...it was only for 2 1/2 hours anyways) so I drove Johnny to work. He was just telling me how he was slipping and sliding on the road yesterday on the way home. I told myself I'd be careful. Well, I thought I was being careful. I knew some ice was coming up, I was going slow and turning the corner. I went into a panic but managed to get straight on the road and continue home.

Not to mention that the later forecast is freezing rain and snow. We all now what freezing rain will make...ICE! This is exciting weather but why oh why must I think I can drive in it. Needless to say I was unnerved the rest of the way home. If the sun could come out and dry up the roads it would be wonderful. Of course it's not going to happen.

No heat still. The stupid guy is chuckling under his breathe telling me he is working as fast and efficient as possible. Buddy that's not good enough for me. I am freezing in the night. I want my heater back. Space heaters are all right but the dogs and I still snuggle on the couch. None of us will move until it is up to at least 66 degrees in the house. Patience is definitely a virtue.

I definitely miss the Southern California weather at times. Nice and predictable. Nothing to extreme. I wonder if truckers get as nervous as I do when there's ice on the ground. Do you ever get comfortable enough to drive on the snow?? Well I'm off to go snuggle again. Just had to share my thoughts!

No comments: